- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups apples - peeled, cored, and shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and walnuts.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and 1 egg until smooth. Beat in second egg, and stir in vanilla. Stir in shredded apples.
- Pour flour mixture into batter; stir until just moistened. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes, then remove from pan and place on a rack to cool.
Modified from AllRecipes.com