Start to finish: about 20 minutes.
Serves 2 as an entree or 4 as a side dish (I often double it to feed our whole family).
- 1 cup dry elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup "light" mayonnaise (we usually use regular mayo, but the recipe calls for light)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (we usually use yellow mustard, more kid-friendly)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cooked ham (either leftover ham from a different meal, or deli ham)
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 large celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2. While the pasta is cooking, combine remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.
3. Add drained pasta and stir well. Serve over lettuce leaves if desired.